The launch of the newest version of LEED has brought about some changes in the residential building sector. This course will look at the effects of these changes as well as dive into the credits and requirements that pertain to residential buildings going for LEED certification. By the end of this session, you should be aware of the new credit requirements for the Energy category. The series will guide you through the steps that the project team must complete to earn credit. We’ll also discuss the intent of key credits and the benefits of their fulfillment. Finally, we’ll go over some specific products, designs, and techniques that can be used to meet the credit requirements and even exceed them.
What you will learn
- Evaluate the advantages of a green home over a code built home.
- Differentiate LEED v4 for Homes from other LEED rating systems.
- Evaluate and analyze energy strategies applicable to design, construction and operation of Homes as they relate to LEED.
- Analyze the applications of LEED Energy credits through different case studies.
- Implement strategies and document them for LEED credit compliance.