The Arab world is facing major sustainability challenges in achieving their environmental goals. Extremely arid climate, acute water scarcity, high per capita energy consumption and polluting oil and gas industry present challenges unique to the Arab world. A key component of their strategy towards sustainable development is their approach to building construction since construction and infrastructure development takes a major share of development in many countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar.
Considering the unique characteristics of various countries in the Arab world, many of them have come up with modified versions or even combinations of international green building systems that are in place such as LEED and BREEAM.
Join us as Tresa Jose explores this topic in-depth.
What you will learn
- Identify the Six Middle Eastern countries that are part of the GCC
- Learn about various sustainability initiatives in the GCC region
- Identify green building rating systems in the GCC region
- Recognize green building projects in the GCC region
- Get introduced to the Pearl Rating System