The course explores how to use green technology and systems in home building and renovation. The course also includes lessons learned from building San Antonio’s first LEED Platinum town home projects. This part of the course will discuss how the materials installed in a home will effect the comfort and health of residents as well as the global environment, and will look at how water is used and may be conserved in the home.
What you will learn
- Evaluate the advantages of a green home over a code built home
- Differentiate LEED for Homes from other LEED rating systems.
- Evaluate and analyze water efficiency strategies applicable to design, construction and operation of Homes.
- Evaluate and analyze green building materials applicable to design, construction and operation of Homes.
- Implement strategies and document them (materials, water) for LEED credit compliance.
- Analyze the applications of LEED credits through different case studies.