Daylighting or natural lighting not only illuminates a space, but also provides a connection between the natural environment surroun ding the space. This course identifies and analyzes natural lighting or daylighting as a sustainable design and practice option for green building projects (Building Design and Construction, Operations & Maintenance).
What you will learn
- Identify & analyze the potential for daylighting in buildings
- Describe strategies & new technologies for daylighting through design
- Identify the importance of fenestration design, heat gain, glass properties and emerging technologies
- Analyze the principle of passive solar design
- Analyze LEED credits related to daylighting and energy usage