We will explore design elements, practices & strategies related to Daylighting today while looking into what might lay ahead in the Daylighting field. We will discuss daylighting analysis, simulation, measurement as well as how daylighting is addressed in LEED v4.0.
What you will learn
- Describe the history of natural lighting in buildings
- Analyze the principle of passive solar design, orientation studies for building design, sun path diagrams.
- Describe strategies; new technologies for daylighting through design
- Identify the importance of fenestration design, heat gain, glass properties and emerging technologies.
- Develop techniques to control the heat gain from daylighting.
- Analyze LEED v4.0 credits related to daylighting and energy usage
- Perform LEED documentation requirements for daylighting and views through LEED sample documentation and case studies