Enrolled students must take and pass the short quiz in order to earn CE credits. In addition, this course Zero Energy, Zero Carbon & Electrification: Possible and Happening! needs to be self-reported. Self-reporting information will be accessible once you complete the Quiz.
Zero net energy (ZNE) buildings, commonly referred to as net-zero buildings, are gaining momentum as an emerging green building trend across the world. In this session, on Zero Energy, Zero Carbon & Electrification we will explore what net zero energy (aka zero net energy) and electrification mean for K12 schools, why these outcomes are important to state energy offices with California taking a lead, and why zero energy is achievable by all schools in all climate zones.
What you will learn
- Understand what zero net energy buildings are
- Understand what zero carbon and electrification mean
- Identify actions state energy offices are taking to promote and support the creation of zero net energy schools
- Identify the importance of zero net energy school buildings in fighting climate change, reducing school district utility bills, and creating healthy school environments for children and the adults who serve them
- Learn about success stories in a Kentucky public school district