Join us as we take a look at how Parksmart changes the way people view the humble parking garage by turning the facility into a place that does more than just house parked cars.
Parksmart is a U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) rating system for sustainable parking structures. Administered by Green Business Certification, Inc. (GBCI), the certification system is designed to advance public and private parking facility sustainability and promote sustainable mobility and transportation by incorporating state-of-the-art green design and operational knowledge, and energy-efficient technologies. The certification system recognizes high-performance sustainable garages that are new and existing facilities. Parksmart changes how people view the humble parking garage by turning the facility into a place that does more than just house parked cars.
What you will learn
- Identify the background, foundations, and goals of Parksmart
- Understand the structure of the Parksmart Rating System
- Describe the Parksmart certification process
- Identify the relationship between Parksmart and LEED
- Explore the role of the professional credential Parksmart Advisor