The Roots of a Greener Home
Roots of a Greener Home describes more than 150 projects and practices that will help you “green” your home, your surroundings, and your lifestyle. The book is divided into four main sections: Home and Garden, Home Improvements, Home Savings, and Home and Lifestyle. Each of these sections is then further divided into categories that address the components of the home from roof to floor and everything in between, including landscaping, lighting, water conservation practices, energy savings, cleaning, health and nutrition, transportation, and home audits that can lower the consumption of natural resources. Many projects can be implemented by homeowners while some require professional assistance.
Under each category, you will find a brief introduction along with a list of projects. Each project has following elements:
- A brief explanation of the topic
- Possible environmental benefits
- Pros and cons from the homeowner’s perspective
- Basic steps to give the homeowner a good idea of what is involved
- Cost Estimator for a standard 1,500-square-foot home
- Quick Tips that the homeowner needs to know to make the project better or easier and avoid potential problems
- A Project Rating box that includes a rating for five attributes of the project: level of difficulty, cost, maintenance, home value, and savings.
By following the suggestions in this book, you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to address and improve many features in your home and to make better lifestyle choices in terms of eco-friendliness or contributions to sustainability. But Roots of a Greener Home will bring you greater advantages than simply lowering energy and water usage. Green living is cleaner, healthier living. It’s a lifestyle in which the air contains few contaminants; the food you eat contains fewer (or no) chemicals; the internal environment is more comfortable; the lighting is more natural; and even your landscaping is more natural and enjoyable to maintain.
Get your copy of Roots of a Greener Home today, and be on your way to a healthier you!