Are there green buildings that can think, react, and adapt to real-time weather conditions? Can buildings respond to natural calamities like earth quakes, tsunamis, cyclones, and hurricanes? This course walks you through design strategies, and state-of-the-art emerging and smart technologies, as they relate to sustainable buildings.
Utilizing these strategies and technologies enables buildings to better meet today’s environmental and human-related challenges, be more climate responsive, and embrace more sophisticated and adaptive principles of sustainability. Addressing the triple bottom line of challenges is only made possible by incorporating innovative technology and a growing body of knowledge in the built environment.
- Understand the need for climate adaptive design and construction
- Analyze current research, real projects and development in the area of smart buildings
- Analyze current innovative smart building technologies
- Visualize the future of building technologies
- Understand and recognize your role in shaping the future of Sustainable Architecture