Please Note: We have listed this article/course as a flipbook on this page for those interested in auditing the material. If you are needing Continuing Education (CE) or a certificate of completion, please enroll in the course or get a Platinum membership and access all our courses at your leisure. Enrolled students must take and pass the short quiz to earn CE credits. In addition, this course needs to be self-reported. Self-reporting information will be accessible once you complete the quiz.
As one spans the world on the journey of existence, one “must see” continent which tops the list is Asia. Not only does it boast delectable cuisine for even the most finicky eater, its tourism industry is among the best in the world.
What you will learn
- Define and explore the meaning of megacities and the components thereof
- Examine Asia’s megacities and the need for sustainable urbanization
- Master the drivers of Asia’s megacities
- Understand the implications and impacts of unplanned city growth
- Study and gain an awareness of Asian cities focused on planned sustainable development – Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City; Masdar City in Abu Dhabi; Amaravati, India
- Learn the innovative approaches to developing green cities
- Recognize the importance of sustainability principles to solving some of Asia’s challenges associated with the growth of megacities