Launched on Earth Day in 1997, AIA Top 10 recognizes 10 innovative projects for setting the standard in design and sustainability. This course is part of our AIA series where we tour the AIA COTE Top 10 Green Buildings of 2016 with our industry experts. Learn about AIA COTE and how the COTE criteria are utilized to evaluate green building projects. Walk through each of the projects to understand some of the strategies employed to achieve the sustainability goals set out for each building.
For this course, we will explore project 5: J. Craig Venter Institute, La Jolla, California and project 6: Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation, Berkeley, California.
What you will learn
- Identify the AIA COTE Measures of Sustainable Design
- Recognize the Top 10 green building projects
- Recognize how the COTE criteria are utilized
- Analyze each measure of sustainable design through examples
- Identify and analyze sustainable design strategies