Please Note: We have listed this article course as a flipbook on this page for those interested in auditing the course/lesson. If you need to report this course for Continuing Education (CE) or need a certificate, please enroll in the course or get a Platinum membership and access all our courses at your leisure. Enrolled students must take and pass the short quiz in order to earn CE credits. In addition, this course needs to be self-reported. Self-reporting information will be accessible once you complete the Quiz.
Masdar City in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE), is one of the best hidden green secrets that has never been finished. “Never finished?”… one may inquire. Yes, Masdar City is a green ghost city that never crossed the finish line in a bold experiment of sustainable development from the ground up. But there is hope.
What you will learn
- Describe the concept of Masdar City as a sustainable city, including the Master Plan and long-range goals
- Describe the elements of the Estidama Pearl Rating System – four pillars, seven categories, certification levels
- Describe the relationship of the Pearl Rating System for the community, building, villa, and public realm
- Compare the Pearl Rating System to LEED and BREEAM
- Describe the major elements of the Master Plan for Masdar City
- Provide a summary of the green features incorporated in projects
- Describe the completed projects
- Review the major challenges the development of Masdar City has faced