The rate at which our society replaces electronic devices places a huge impact on resources, health, and the environment. E-waste contains thousands of different components, including hazardous materials that contribute to vast amounts of pollution. What happens to this e-waste? Is it being exported to developing countries? As leaders in innovation, are technology giants taking more responsibility towards designing products and programs that are more sustainable? Get your questions answered and explore more about this topic from this downloadable article. Please don’t forget to take the quiz to earn Continuing Education (CE) credits for this article.
What you will learn
- Understand what e-waste is
- Identify and analyze the harmful effects of e-waste disposal
- Identify and analyze how e-waste is handled
- Understand the role gadget makers play in creating and managing e-waste
- Discuss possible solutions to tackle the problem of e-waste