Please Note: We have listed this article course as a flipbook on this page for those interested in auditing the course/lesson. If you need to report this course for Continuing Education (CE) or need a certificate, please enroll in the course or get a Platinum membership and access all our courses at your leisure. Enrolled students must take and pass the short quiz in order to earn CE credits. In addition, this course needs to be self-reported. Self-reporting information will be accessible once you complete the Quiz.
Since its founding in 1923, the Walt Disney Company has strived to serve the world through three interrelated goals; protecting the health and wellbeing of all individuals, environmental conservation and stewardship, and the support of creativity through quality entertainment. This document offers a brief glimpse into those goals and the Walt Disney Company’s contributions to global sustainability. If you find yourself craving more information on this fantastic company you can check out our audio and visual presentation. There you will get a chance to deep dive into all of the astounding sustainability initiatives being pursued by this magical company.
The Walt Disney Company has a focus on environmental stewardship and conservation in all of its parks and resorts around the world. Disney also strives to protect the health and well-being of all people interacting with the company. The sustainability practices at Disney include:
● Efficient lighting
● Obtaining LEED certification for entire buildings
● Partnering with worldwide environmental sustainability organizations
● Improving energy and water conservation in facilities
● Investing in state-of-the-art technologies
● Reducing emissions through the use of alternative fuels
● Minimizing waste
● Upgrading whole buildings
● Educating adults and children on sustainability practices and the condition of the natural environment