WHAT IS NATA?
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NATA EXAM?
The eligibility requirements are:
- Candidates must pass in their 10+2 examination or its equivalent examination from any recognized state/ central board with minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) with mathematics as one of the subjects.
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Governments with 50% aggregate marks.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
- With valid NATA score, candidates can get into different Government/ private institutions of Architecture.
HOW LONG IS THE NATA SCORE VALID?
The NATA Score is vaild for 2 years.
HOW CAN I PREPARE FOR THE NATA EXAM?
Prepare with GBRI’s best-in-class inclusive exam prep package, complete with on-demand access to training modules, sketch tutorials and practice questions. Read more here.
WHAT IS THE NATA EXAM LIKE?
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) entails two parts visualizing–a paper based drawing test and a computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test. The drawing test will be for a duration of two hours and candidates will have to attempt three questions in this paper. The Aesthetic Sensitivity Test, on the other hand, will be computer based and candidates will have to attempt a total of 40 multiple choice questions in this paper. The aptitude test is designed to measure a candidate’s knowledge and skills in relation to the specific field of Architecture.
WHAT IS THE NATA 2016 EXAM SYLLABUS?
Nata Drawing Test
- This is a two hour paper where candidate has to attempt two questions. One of the questions has two sub questions.
- The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects – Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Nata Online Test
- This is a computer based test of one hour where candidate has to answer 40 multiple choice questions.
- The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of – Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Mental Ability.
- Imaginative Comprehension and expression.
- Architectural Awareness.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ON DEMAND CLASSES AND THE LIVE CLASSES?
Our on-demand classes are available 24/7 online. There are no set meeting times with our on-demand content, and you are able to work at your own pace. Our live classes have scheduled meeting times that you join online, virtually interacting with an instructor and students around the world. You should note, purchase of the LIVE content also includes access to ON-DEMAND, so if you miss a live class, you can view it at your convenience on-demand.
ONCE I PURCHASE, HOW LONG WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO MY NATA EXAM PREP STUDY MATERIAL?
You have access to your content online for one year from the date of purchase.
HOW ARE THE NATA EXAM PREP MATERIALS DELIVERED?
Our NATA Exam Preparation materials are available online either live or on-demand. You will use your Internet connection to view and utilize your content.