Back in the day, “The Big 5” referred to the African animals that were the most dangerous to hunt on foot – the African lion, African elephant, Cape buffalo, African leopard and rhinoceros – hopefully the only shooting of them these days is through the lens of a camera. The Big 5 tech giants, while not as wild or dangerous, love to compete and mark their territory. However, the new hunting ground is not Africa but the sustainability arena where Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook and Yahoo! compete for dominance. None of these tech giants need an introduction as we use many of their products and services on a daily basis. Join us as we explore each of these tech giant’s sustainability initiatives and what lessons we can learn and apply in our organizations and personal lives
What you will learn
- Identify & understand the sustainability initiatives of the Big 5 Tech companies: Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook and Yahoo!
- Identify each of their role and impact on people
- Analyze their role and impact on the environment
- Identify and learn about their green building initiatives
- Apply lessons learned in our organizations and personal lives