This course offers a deep dive into the world of energy-efficient lighting, covering the spectrum from the basic principles of illumination to LEED credits related to lighting. From the historical evolution of artificial lighting to cutting-edge LED innovations, participants will gain a deep understanding of energy-efficient lighting principles. Real-world case studies and applications, including Infosys facilities, illuminate the practical implementation of these strategies. Lessons learned, future trends, and integration within LEED v4.1 (BD+C, ID+C, O+M) projects provide valuable insights for building professionals seeking to enhance lighting efficiency and sustainability.
Lighting plays a pivotal role in shaping our built environment and has a profound impact on energy consumption and sustainability in building design. In this comprehensive article course, we embark on a captivating journey into the realm of advanced lighting efficiency, where we explore the multifaceted strategies and cutting-edge technologies that drive sustainability, energy savings, and occupant well-being within architectural spaces.
We will begin with the historical evolution of artificial lighting, touching on its impact on energy consumption from the age of incandescent lamps to modern LEDs. Real-world case studies and applications, including Infosys facilities, illuminate the practical implementation of these strategies. Our course emphasizes not only the technological dimensions but also the human-centric aspects of lighting, acknowledging the role of occupant well-being in energy-efficient designs. Beyond installation, we address the importance of sustained lighting maintenance as a part of long-term efficiency. As we look to the future, we explore emerging trends such as integrated lighting controls, smart building systems, and Internet of Things-enabled functionalities. This course equips you with a 360-degree understanding of lighting’s role in sustainable architecture, preparing you to effectively incorporate advanced lighting strategies into your LEED v4.1 BD+C, ID+C and O+M projects for enhanced energy efficiency and occupant satisfaction.
What will you learn
- Define Energy Efficient Lighting: Understand the concept of energy-efficient lighting and its significance in sustainable building design.
- Compare Energy-Efficient Lighting Options: Evaluate different energy-efficient lighting technologies and their advantages.
- Address Lighting Efficiency within LEED v4.1 Rating Systems: Gain insights into integrating lighting efficiency strategies within LEED projects (BD+C, ID+C, O+M).
- Study Real-world Case Studies: Analyze practical applications of advanced lighting strategies through a case study.
- Explore Future Trends: Identify emerging trends in lighting technologies, such as IoT integration, human-centric lighting, and advancements in LED technology