Please Note: We have listed this article course as a flipbook on this page .It is for those interested in auditing the course/lesson. Please enroll in the course or get a Platinum membership and access all our courses at your leisure. This way you can report this course for Continuing Education (CE) or need a certificate. Enrolled students must take and pass the short quiz in order to earn CE credits. In addition, this course needs to be self-reported. Self-reporting information will be accessible once you complete the Quiz.
This comprehensive course dives into the world of energy modeling, emphasizing its pivotal role in the context of LEED v4.1 and sustainable green building design. Energy modeling is not merely a technical tool; it’s a strategic approach that influences key design decisions, shapes environmental outcomes, and drives economic benefits. In this course, we explore the core concepts of energy modeling, its importance in LEED BD+C, ID+C, and O+M rating systems.
Energy modeling is at the heart of sustainable building design, and its significance is paramount in the latest version of LEED. ‘Energy Modeling in Green Building Design: A Holistic Approach,’ serves as an essential resource for professionals seeking to integrate energy modeling into sustainable building projects. This article course begins by demystifying the fundamentals of energy modeling, setting the stage for its application in green building design. The second chapter delves into the specificities of incorporating energy modeling in LEED-certified projects, highlighting the strategies to earn credits and enhance energy performance. Chapter three offers an overview of various software tools available for energy modeling, providing readers with the knowledge to select the appropriate tool for their project needs. The final chapter reflects on the lessons learned, discusses emerging technologies like AI and IoT, and emphasizes the transformative power of energy modeling in driving sustainable design.
What will you learn
- Understand the fundamental concepts of energy modeling and its importance in green building design.
- Gain insights into how energy modeling aligns with LEED v4.1 and its relevance in BD+C, ID+C, and O+M rating systems.
- Analyze real-world case studies to comprehend the practical application of energy modeling.
- Recognize the critical factors for successful energy modeling integration in the design process.
- Identify emerging technologies that are shaping the future of energy modeling in green building design.