Dive into the realm of indoor water use reduction within LEED v4.1! Join our short course as part of GBRI’s LEED v4.1 BD+C Technical Study Series, and unlock the secrets of conserving water indoors. Explore prerequisites, credits, and strategies for efficient indoor water use, along with the importance of building-level metering. Take the plunge and become an indoor water-saving champion!
In this module, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the major differences between LEED v4 and v4.1 as it relates to indoor water use, building-level metering (prerequisite and credits), and align yourself with the overarching goals of the updated LEED BD+C Rating System. Immerse yourself in the world of indoor water use reduction within LEED v4.1! Join our captivating short course as part of GBRI’s LEED v4.1 Technical Study Series and embark on a transformative journey to unravel the intricacies of conserving water indoors. In this module, you will delve into the prerequisite and credit for indoor water use, gaining a comprehensive understanding of the requirements, intent, and strategies for efficient water use within buildings. Explore innovative techniques such as low-flow fixtures, water-efficient appliances, and operational practices that promote conservation and enhance indoor water efficiency. But that’s not all! The module also sheds light on the prerequisite and credits associated with building-level metering, emphasizing the importance of accurate monitoring and measurement to optimize water performance at a building scale. Discover the prerequisites and credits that encourage efficient water management through comprehensive metering systems. As part of your learning experience, you’ll delve into the GBRI Community Center project, a real-world case study that showcases successful implementations of indoor water use reduction strategies. Gain valuable insights from this project, which serves as a shining example of how LEED v4.1 requirements can be applied to create water-wise environments.
What will you learn
- Understand the prerequisites and credit requirements for indoor water use reduction within the LEED v4.1 rating system, including the intent, scope, and specific strategies for efficient water use indoors.
- Explore innovative techniques and technologies for reducing indoor water consumption, such as low-flow fixtures, water-efficient appliances, and operational practices that promote water conservation and sustainability.
- Gain insights into the importance of building-level metering and accurate measurement in optimizing indoor water performance, understanding the associated prerequisites and credits that encourage comprehensive water management systems.
- Learn how to effectively document compliance with the indoor water use reduction credit, including the process of providing required information, calculations, and supporting evidence.
- Analyze the GBRI Community Center project as a real-world case study, examining successful implementations of indoor water use reduction strategies within a LEED v4.1 context, and identify valuable lessons and best practices for application in future projects.