Technology has influenced our day to day lives in one way or the other- no question about that. With its growth beyond any geographical boundaries, technology companies support the world economy and billions of people in many ways. With this growth comes a bigger footprint. Join us as we explore the sustainability initiatives undertaken by the Big 5 tech giants – Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook and Yahoo!
Back in the day, “The Big 5” referred to the African animals that were the most dangerous to hunt on foot – the African lion, African elephant, Cape buffalo, African leopard and rhinoceros – hopefully the only shooting of them these days is through the lens of a camera. The Big 5 tech giants, while not as wild or dangerous, love to compete and mark their territory. However, the new hunting ground is not Africa but the sustainability arena where Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook and Yahoo! compete for dominance. None of these tech giants need an introduction as we use many of their products and services on a daily basis. Join us as we explore each of these tech giant’s sustainability initiatives and what lessons we can learn and apply in our organizations and personal lives
- Identify & understand the sustainability initiatives of the Big 5 Tech companies: Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook and Yahoo!
- Identify each of their role and impact on people
- Analyze their role and impact on the environment
- Identify and learn about their green building initiatives
- Apply lessons learned in our organizations and personal lives
1 CE Hours Content available online | on-demand