Renewable Energy Archives - Page 13 of 14 - GBRI
 

The world’s first solar road has opened in the Normandy village of France. Now the entire world is waiting to see if the solar road will live up to the hype surrounding the clean energy experiment. This road, which will be driven over by around 2,000 cars per day, can produce 280 megawatt hours (MWh) of power […]

Read More

Today, every electric passenger train running in Netherlands is totally powered by wind energy. The Dutch government had announced in late 2015 that they planned to power the country’s electric trains entirely with wind power by 2018. Their goal was achieved one year ahead of schedule as Dutch railway company NS announced its entire electric train fleet is […]

Read More

An Israeli startup company- Electroad might just eliminate the need to ever stop and refuel your car! It is all geared to launch a technology where existing roads are retrofitted with buried coils to inductively charge electric vehicles with renewable energy while they are on the go. Electroad plans to focus on public transportation first before opening the […]

Read More

A new collaboration has been formed between local environmentally oriented groups of residents and City Commissions and Committees, to lead sustainable city development in 2017 through the formation of the new Go Green Medford Coalition. In 2004, the City of Medford created the Clean Energy Committee, a committee comprised of residents to advance the development […]

Read More

Samsung Electronics announced that 20 models in its newest refrigeration line have earned the coveted ENERGY STAR Emerging Technology Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The Emerging Technology Award recognizes products that are at the forefront of energy conservation and climate protection. All 20 Samsung refrigerator models, set to be released in 2017, […]

Read More

With growing population increases the need to provide housing facilities. The current construction methods are largely unsustainable and release copious amounts of CO2 in the environment.  With a modern outlook and an environment-friendly approach, builders are now introducing sustainable products which are cost-effective, energy-efficient, and eco-friendly. 4 environment friendly building materials that have the potential […]

Read More

Architecture Casa, a Canadian firm, achieved a LEED Gold certification for a cozy cabin constructed along Quebec’s St. Lawrence River. The cabin exists in harmony with its surroundings with the use of recycled materials from an old Convent and strict adherence to passive solar principles. Set atop a rocky slope, the House in Saint-Simeon and its surrounding […]

Read More

Florida’s Babcock Ranch, a new development opening early next year and designed to be the world’s first solar-powered town is the brainchild of Syd Kitson, a former offensive guard with the Green Bay Packers turned real estate developer. Kitson describes it as the “most sustainable, most innovative and health-focused” new town in the US and is hoping it […]

Read More

With about 2% of the world’s water resources, Nepal should be one of the world’s most energy rich nations. Sadly, even after being the second most water rich country in the world, 30 per cent of the country still has no access to electricity while the other 70% faces up to 16 hours of power […]

Read More

Throughout Asia and Africa, millions of people still do not have access to clean, affordable and sustainable energy sources. To change this scenario, many students from both the continents are doing their bit to help their fellow humans gain greater access to energy, and that too at a minimal cost. Zayed Future Energy Prize — Global […]

Read More