Congratulations on taking your first step toward earning your LEED Green Associate Credential! The key to earning a LEED Green Associate is a thorough understanding of green building and LEED.
The LEED v4 exam is based on the following text specifications and references. The exam questions reflect Task Domains and Knowledge Domains.
Task Domains: Task Domains reflect the tasks necessary to perform LEED safely and effectively. These include concepts such as LEED Project and Team Coordination, LEED Certification Process, Analyses Required for LEED Credits, and Advocacy and Education for Adoption for LEED Rating System.
- LEED Green Associate Tasks (100%)
Knowledge Domains: Knowledge Domains reflect the rating systems’ credit categories and what one needs to know.These include concepts such as LEED Process, Integrative Strategies, LEED credit categories, and Project Surroundings and Public Outreach.
- LEED Process (16 questions)
- Integrative Strategies (8 questions)
- Location and Transportation (7 questions)
- Sustainable Sites (7 questions)
- Water Efficiency (9 questions)
- Energy and Atmosphere (10 questions)
- Materials and Resources (9 questions)
- Indoor Environmental Quality (8 questions)
- Project Surroundings and Public Outreach (11 questions)
Here’s what you need to know about the application:
First things first: the eligibility requirements
- LEED Green Associate: There are no eligibility requirements. However, we do recommended that you have exposure to LEED and green building concepts through education, volunteering, or work experience.
The application steps
- Create a user account on usgbc.org site, then navigate to Credentials.
- Select your exam of choice.
- Complete the exam registration process.
- Schedule exam date and location on prometric.com/gbci.
- LEED Green Associate exam: USGBC/CaGBC members/: $200 (non-members: $250), Students :$100
Registration is valid for one year. In that year you are allotted three registrations per exam section. After this year expires, you must wait 90 days before registering again. You may also request an extension of the one year registration period for extenuating circumstances.
Ready to take the exam? Utilize GBRI’s LEED Green Associate Exam Prep.