Support the people – Malappuram, Kerala

• Support the people – Malappuram, Kerala

Posted by Shafeeq on May 10, 2021 at 7:20 pm

Support the people – Malappuram, Kerala

This discussion is to support Shafeeq to create and distribute provision kits (Rice, Grams, Vegetables, Oil) to vulnerable families in Malapurram, Kerala

• This discussion was modified 1 year ago by  Jeslin.
    Shafeeq replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Jeslin

Organizer
    May 11, 2021 at 6:45 pm

I also want to add a bit more details here for our visitors to read about this project. Shafeeq hails from Malapurram, a district in Kerala, India. Shafeeq is an unsung hero in GBRI. He is most of the times behind the scenes of this website you are watching courses on, reading blogs and what not.

Shafeeq is initiating this project through a youth club in his village where they propose to procure provision items and distribute it to economically challenged vulnerable families during the lockdown. Based on the conversation I had with him, the youth club leadership is happy to get our support. We are extremely thankful for this and other opportunities on this page to be a part of, to make a difference in the communities we live.

• Shafeeq

May 17, 2021 at 5:20 pm

Ideal Kunnakkavu, a leading club in the village, is preparing to distribute provision kits to needy families in Elamkulam (Perinthalmanna, Malappuram, Kerala) Grama Panchayat who are facing daily crisis of daily employment and sources of income due to Covid 19 Pandemic.

About the club:

IDEAL Club is a youth organized platform which is incomparably active and shows its presence in Arts, Sports, Social, Cultural and Charity activities. IDEAL Club started its journey in 1979 and officially registered since 2000. (Reg: 228/2000).

The kit also includes items that are not in the monthly food kit from the government.

1 kit includes:

• – Sugar 1 Kg
    • – Tea Powder 250 Gram
    • – Cooking Oil 1 Litr
    • – Vegetables (Onion, Potato, Cabbage)
    • – Hand Sanitizer
    • – Masks

Such a kit costs about INR 400 or USD 5.46. The target for the first phase of kit distribution for 200 households is around Rs. 80,000 or 1093 USD.

You can be a part of this project and help those who need it the most. There is no minimum or maximum amount that can be donated. Every penny counts since this is for a good cause. Donate now and change someone’s life.

Donation Options:

i-believe (501-C3, US Based Non-Profit) Goodbye COVID-19 India

Direct Bank Transfer can be done.

Name: Ideal Arts & Sports Club

Account Number: 67374396146

IFSC: SBIN0071127

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Shafeeq.
  • Jeslin

Organizer
    May 17, 2021 at 5:46 pm

Thanks Shafeeq for organizing this. Very glad to see the youth club in a region active for this cause. On behalf of GBRI and I-Believe, we will donate Rs. 40,000 to cover 100 households. I am hoping we will be able to do more in coming weeks.

• Vinod

May 17, 2021 at 7:55 pm

Jeslin, just joined the group and great to see the initiatives. Kudos to Shafeeq as well on the awesome work. Where can I contribute to the cause

• Shafeeq

May 23, 2021 at 9:19 am

Here I share the joy of being able to complete the first phase . Thank you so much GBRI & I-believe especially Jeslin(Organizer) who made it happen. I believe we can complete the second phase like this soon.

First Phase News –

https://www.facebook.com/idealkunnakkavu/posts/2319956038137623

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPI89DtjwV7/?utm_medium=share_sheet

• Jeslin

Organizer
    May 31, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Shafeeq,

Thank you for leading this effort and sharing the updates with us. Great to see local news covering your initiative. I truly hope this inspires other sports clubs around the world to undertake similar projects in their communities during times like this.

With generous donations from Kiran, Vinod, Noufal, Keshu, Dipesh, Anish, Shine, Amjad and all the anonymous donors – I was able to transfer the funds for next round to distribute Ration kits for another 100 families. Thank you!

• Jeslin

Organizer
    May 31, 2021 at 11:01 pm

I missed Amrita and Mrs. Noufal in my previous list. Thank you!

• Shafeeq

June 13, 2021 at 7:02 am

Here I share the joy of being able to complete the second phase and kit distribution beautifully. 220 kits were distributed in 2 phases. Thank you so much GBRI & I-believe ,Kiran, Vinod, Noufal, Mrs. Noufal, Keshu, Dipesh, Anish, Shine, Amjad, Amrita and all the anonymous donors especially Jeslin Varghese (Organizer)who made it happen.

Second Phase News –

https://m.facebook.com/groups/532749630132890/permalink/5507549465986190/
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2339394302860463&id=215709111895670

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQAQ1vbj7sw/?utm_medium=copy_link

The journey to become a sustainability guru begins here!
Jeslin Varghese
gbri-logo

Sustainability education should not have any boundaries!

Register now to get started.

By creating an account, I declare that I have read and accepted GBRI’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Please accept the Terms and Conditions to proceed.
OR REGISTER WITH
GBRI is your #1 source for sustainability education with more than 250 courses to choose from!
gbri-logo

Welcome back!

Login to access your sustainability courses, certificates, badges, community and more!
OR LOGIN WITH