Musaidah- An Initiative by Team Rakhss

Tagged: 

• Musaidah- An Initiative by Team Rakhss

Posted by Dania on May 16, 2021 at 4:35 am

A small business owner on instagram, utilized her followers base and initiated a fundraiser for the homeless and the vulnerable sections of the society who are majorly impacted in times like the pandemic. This initiative is becoming into a tangible form and they are establishing themselves soon as a NGO with a mission of contributing to help achieve the milestones in Sustainable Development Goals, especially SDG-2 (zero hunger) and SDG-10 (reduced inequalities).

Team Rakhss (@rakhss.in), the group of volunteers came together on the 24th of April 2021, amidst a pandemic, to provide help and assistance to those in need. The vulnerable sections of the society struggled to fulfil even the necessities even before the pandemic and became the worst affected by the pandemic outbreak and the lockdown. The inequalities that exist between the privileged and the underprivileged inspired the idea for the same. The vulnerable section like the daily wage workers, in terms of knowledge and resources, lack both. They might survive the covid-19 but would they be able to survive the hunger?

Work done till now: Distributed more than 100 food packets and 100+ Ration kits to the families struggling in Delhi, India. Major distribution took place in Jaitpur, Madanpur Khadar, Jasola Vihar, Shaheen Bagh, Jamia Nagar, Okhla Vihar etc.

Most of them were daily wage labourers.

Right now, they are working to provide the same for the people in Assam, India.

You can find the work being conducted by them on the social media links mentioned below.

1 Ration Kit Includes: sugar (1 kg), salt (1 packet), pulses (1 kg), chana (1 kg), detergent (500g), soap, tea leaf (100 g), turmeric (50 g), coriander powder (50 g), chilli powder (50 g), mustard oil (1 litre), toothpaste, rice (10 kg), flour (10 kg).

The price of 1 kit adds up to 1100 INR.

Links to Social Media Accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/rakhss.in/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcRi7Tc8qqE

Send your donations at :
    UPI/Paytm/GooglePe: (+91) 7838009043

Dania replied 11 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jeslin

Organizer
    May 18, 2021 at 1:18 pm

Hey Dania, this is a great initiative. I am sorry it took me long to respond. I thought I did but looks like I didnt. On behalf of GBRI and I-Believe, we will contribute Rs.27500 to support 25 kits. I hope we get more contributions so that we can fund yours and other projects too.

• Dania

May 20, 2021 at 6:10 pm
      Sustainability

Thank you so much, Sir. I hope this would lead to a greater good and would bring smile and happiness and a sense of comfort to the people in need.

• Jeslin

Organizer
    May 31, 2021 at 11:07 pm

Dania,

I would love to hear more about this small business owner who started this project. We were able to gather more funds from our followers and community members too. I will be able to make another transfer soon. Will update you.

Jeslin

• Dania

June 18, 2021 at 6:23 am
      Sustainability

Sure, Sir.

The journey to become a sustainability guru begins here!
Jeslin Varghese
gbri-logo

Sustainability education should not have any boundaries!

Register now to get started.

By creating an account, I declare that I have read and accepted GBRI’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Please accept the Terms and Conditions to proceed.
OR REGISTER WITH
GBRI is your #1 source for sustainability education with more than 250 courses to choose from!
gbri-logo

Welcome back!

Login to access your sustainability courses, certificates, badges, community and more!
OR LOGIN WITH