Feeding Hands @ Jaipur

• Posted by Simarjeet on May 11, 2021 at 7:13 am

Feeding Hands is an initiative that was started a couple of years ago where they would fund government-run food carts to provide free meals. The change of political leadership led to the scrapping of the program altogether. So throughout Covid, they have ramped up the program by themselves, they bought a van that goes around 5 public hospitals. Breakfast and Evening Snacks are directly donated from cafes across Jaipur. A modest packed lunch meal costs around Rs. 16 to Rs.17. On average 1200-1300 meals are served a day. Any amount of funding helps them scale up the number of meals served because at any day people have to be told that the food is over. Any donations will be thankfully received and faithfully applied. They would be more than happy to put a pamphlet up on the van saying that today’s food is provided by “this entity”. I’m attaching a few photos I could find on my phone from last two years with a link.

Jeslin replied 11 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Simarjeet

May 11, 2021 at 7:14 am
    Sustainability
  • Jeslin

Organizer
    May 11, 2021 at 6:27 pm

Thank you Simar for introducing us to this amazing organization which is much needed even under normal circumstances. Thank you also for leading this effort. I was able to transfer Rs.23,919 towards paying for 1400 meals. The donation is from I-Believe and GBRI. Let’s hope we can continue to contribute as we make momentum!

• Simarjeet

May 13, 2021 at 5:17 am
    Sustainability

We are extremely grateful! Lets us keep a goal of 5000 meals initially for this forum. With the funding, Jeslin mentioned we would serve 1450 meals! 3550 to go 🙂 I will keep everyone posted as updates roll in!

• Jeslin

Organizer
    May 31, 2021 at 10:45 pm

5000 is an achievable goal. On behalf of GBRI and I-Believe, I was able to transfer another Rs.25,000. I want to personally thank you for facilitating this goal and also to our donors especially to Katherine Lockhart and Monica Lamb whose donation has helped us support multiple projects.

Simar, would love for you to post some pictures from your project. I hope all our projects big and small continue to inspire others to do the same in their local communities. We are in this together as one human tribe!

The journey to become a sustainability guru begins here!
Jeslin Varghese
gbri-logo

Sustainability education should not have any boundaries!

Register now to get started.

By creating an account, I declare that I have read and accepted GBRI’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Please accept the Terms and Conditions to proceed.
OR REGISTER WITH
GBRI is your #1 source for sustainability education with more than 250 courses to choose from!
gbri-logo

Welcome back!

Login to access your sustainability courses, certificates, badges, community and more!
OR LOGIN WITH