Covid-19 Medicine bank for poor patients – a Nagpur NGO initiative

• Covid-19 Medicine bank for poor patients – a Nagpur NGO initiative

Posted by Aparna on May 11, 2021 at 3:13 pm
    • Funds raised- 24,644 INR (340 USD) – 155 patients benefitted as of 31\05\2021
    • About the NGO: Nagpur Citizens Forum (NCF) is a city-based NGO, set up 7 months ago, amidst covid crisis, helping the poor in various capacities. It has now come to the aid of underprivileged covid patients and has set up a medicine bank to provide free medicines to them NGO License check
    • What they do: The project reaches out to the poor patients in the city, especially slums, who cannot afford costly Covid medicines. The drugs are procured with the help of donations and individual sponsors, who are encouraged to contribute in any capacity possible. Each covid positive patient is provided with 1 kit of covid medicine for free. Members of NCF have put up posters at various government testing centers to bring medicine bank initiatives to the forefront. NCF is working actively on the ground through 5 centers across the city
    • Why donate medicine: Based on a survey conducted by forum members, which included doctors, medicals store owners, and covid patients’ relatives, it was found that the health of many patients was worsening as they could not afford to buy the antiviral drug Favipiravir and other medication.
    • 1 kit includes: a 14-day dose of medicines of Favipiravir, paracetamol, Ivermectin, Limcee, Azithromycin, Zinc, D3 Risk, Alex Cough Syrup, masks, and sanitizer – for 1 covid patient.
    • What can you do: Every penny counts, no matter how big or small the contribution.1 covid medicine kit costs around INR 2,500 = 34 USD
    • OUR GOAL is to distribute 20 more kits, which will cost INR 50,000 = 686 USD
    • Real-time Progress: Medicines worth INR 3 lakhs have been distributed. 155 patients have benefitted through the initiative and is still ongoing, at full swing. For regular updates: CLICK HERE
    • Authenticity Check: Beneficiaries are selected on the basis of Covid positive report, Aadhaar card, and doctor’s prescription at the testing center of Nagpur Municipal Corporation. The kits are handed over to their relatives
    • Donors list:
    • GBRI, New York, USA
    • I-Believe foundation, Las Vegas, USA
    • Donate here:

Recipient Name: NAGPUR CITIZENS FORUM
    IFSC code: YESB0000028
    Account no: 002888700000334

For international payments: I-Believe501-C3, US Based Non-Profit

</div> </div> </div>

• This discussion was modified 1 year ago by  Aparna.
    • This discussion was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by  Aparna.

Aparna replied 11 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jeslin

Organizer
    May 11, 2021 at 6:36 pm

Thank you Aparna for leading this effort and also for introducing us to NCF. I was able to send payment for 10 COVID medicine kits. I hope this helps to get started with our association with the group. I sincerely hope we can continue to support them. The donation is made on behalf of I-Believe and GBRI.

• Aparna

May 20, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Update: Nagpur Citizens Forum has launched a ‘Roko-Toko’ campaign to create awareness and take precautions against coronavirus. The campaign was first launched in the bustling Sitabuldi market area of Nagpur. The objective of the campaign is to create awareness among masses about three basic things to stay safe from coronavirus – everybody should wear mask, regularly wash hands and maintain social distancing. The volunteers carried placards with awareness messages written over it in the crowded Sitabuldi market asking people shopkeepers to follow the basic rules. They even distributed masks to people found not wearing the mask and asked them to wear it immediately to avoid the spread of Covid-19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4FSwun3bGc&ab_channel=TheTimesofIndia

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Aparna.

Aparna Gokhale

• Aparna

May 22, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Update: NCF has launched an online series called “HELLO DOCTOR” under which it conducts doubt clearing sessions, related to coronavirus under the guidance of expert doctors. The first session was held on 15\05\2021, guided by Neurologist Dr. Pollen Moon and cardiologist Dr. Mahendra Mhaske, which was a great success and saw an overwhelming response from the citizens.

Part-2 of the series focusing on children’s health and probable covid-19 third wave, which was guided by Pediatrician Dr. Priya Ganwani through Google meet on 23\05\2021. Part 3 and 4 of the series were consulted by Dr. Parul Saoji and Dr. Siddharth Saoji respectively on 26 & 27 May 2021.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by  Aparna.
  • Jeslin

Organizer
    May 31, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for the update and its amazing to see the community coming together. With the support GBRI and I-Believe community members, we maybe able to support further. I will let you know soon.

Jeslin

• Aparna

June 1, 2021 at 6:15 am

We can’t thank you enough Jeslin, for your generosity and the kind of work you are doing for the community. I would also like to thank GBRI and I-believe team for their continuous support. Lastly, but definitely not the least, we at NCF are immensely thankful to all the donors for their generous contributions towards this cause.

We have been able to help more than 155 needy patients and we promise to support many more with your blessings.

The journey to become a sustainability guru begins here!
Jeslin Varghese
gbri-logo

Sustainability education should not have any boundaries!

Register now to get started.

By creating an account, I declare that I have read and accepted GBRI’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Please accept the Terms and Conditions to proceed.
OR REGISTER WITH
GBRI is your #1 source for sustainability education with more than 250 courses to choose from!
gbri-logo

Welcome back!

Login to access your sustainability courses, certificates, badges, community and more!
OR LOGIN WITH