This course discusses all the sustainability options that projects may incorporate with respect to site location, topography, runoff , storm water management, heat island effect, proximity to amenities and public transportation. The article places emphasis on creating and implementing plans such as an erosion and sedimentation control plan, storm water management plan, and restoring habitats.
- Evaluate sustainable site initiatives that green building projects may implement on a green building project.
- Analyze the requirements for implementing construction pollution prevention plan for a LEED project.
- Perform Runoff calculations for LEED credit compliance.
- Understand and analyze heat island effect, strategies (roof and non-roof) that reduce the heat island effect.
- Demonstrate sustainable site initiatives implemented through a LEED Case study.