Founded in 1990, BREEAM is the world’s FIRST sustainability assessment method for buildings. Most BREEAM buildings are in the UK, where over 80% of buildings using a sustainability reporting system use BREEAM, but the rating system has recently expanded to over 70 countries – including the US. BREEAM made its debut on American soil in September 2016. Learn more as Sarah Spencer explores BREEAM!
This course which is part of GBRI’s BREEAM series serves as an introduction to the BREEAM rating system and explores its first venture onto American soil. Part 1 of the course series will be a general overview of the rating system, and will serve to educate building professionals on the BREEAM process, its history, and what its arrival into the US means for the green building industry.
Need More CE Courses? Check GBRI’s courses on the USGBC Platform here.
- Describe the structure of the BREEAM rating system
- Understand the various types of BREEAM schemes and their components
- Understand the reasoning behind BREEAM’s arrival in the US
- Compare and contrast BREEAM to the LEED rating system
- Describe the process a BREEAM project must undergo to receive certification
- Observe, at a high level, the BREEAM project scorecard
1 CE Hours Content available online | on-demand