In accordance with Executive Order 13123, government buildings are increasingly being designed to net-zero standards. Dave Pratt, Professional Mechanical Engineer and Certified Energy Manager, will describe the design requirements for net-zero buildings to comply with new government regulations, and highlight examples of compliant buildings and interventions. Costs, savings, lessons learned, building certification and case studies will also be highlighted.
What you will learn
- Describe what a NetZero building is, including the goals, features and benefits of a NetZero building as well as introduce various NetZero initiatives.
- Evaluate various strategies to design & construct a NetZero building.
- Determine the average costs and return on investment for a NetZero building.
- Evaluate the various NetZero building certification options
- Analyze the lessons learned from NetZero buildings recently constructed
- Discuss several real world case studies of NetZero buildings recently constructed.