The three years since the release of the WELL Building Standard have truly been a blur. There’s so much movement in the industry and market currently, with a large portion connected to the suite of GBCI rating systems we are growing accustom to. The leader in our opinion among that pack has been the WELL Building Standard. We see an increasing number of professionals each month making the decision to earn their WELL AP credential to stay up to date with our exam prep and an increase in traffic to our WELL free resources.
Big news has arrived for WELL: version 2 is now accessible. We’ve done the research for you and included the 5 things you need to know now about the just released WELL 2.0 rating system.
- Keeping Up with the Digital Age: WELL v2 is being released digitally alongside an enhanced version of the existing online project management portal where project teams register, upload documentation and communicate with their WELL Reviewer. The digital platform is able to offer suggestions for features project teams might want to pursue based on project-specific parameters that can be refined by the project team. Also look for updates to more make menus more intuitive, your data more easily organized and the process of uploading more seamless.
- The Great Unification: WELL v2 consolidates all versions of WELL into a single rating system to be used by all building types. Many parts in WELL are denoted for “all spaces”, which indicates that the part must be applied to all spaces within the project, for all project types.
- More Concepts, More Features: There are 10 concepts in WELL v2 as opposed to the 7 we have with the first version of WELL. The new WELL v2 concepts are: Air, Water, Nourishment, Light, Movement, Thermal Comfort, Sound, Materials, Mind and Community. (WELL v1 concepts are limited to Air, Water, Nourishment, Light, Fitness, Comfort and Mind.)
- Universal Preconditions for All: WELL v2 offers a universal set of preconditions for all projects. All preconditions are mandatory for certification. All parts in preconditions are mandatory.
- Rules of the Scorecard: WELL v2 still operates on a points-based system, with a total of 100 points available to each project, plus 10 innovation points are available for project teams to earn. A few other stipulations professionals should be aware of with WELL v2–projects must earn a minimum of two points per concept and can’t earn more than 12 per concept.
So what happens if you’re preparing for the WELL AP exam right now? Don’t worry—you’re still studying the up to date material for the current exam and should continue on with GBRI’s recommended road map.
With changes to the rating systems and credential exams on the horizon, now is the time to earn your WELL AP. One purchase is all that’s standing in your way—our All-Inclusive WELL AP Exam Prep package includes absolutely EVERYTHING you need to pass on the first try, with a money back guarantee. Click here for more information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about pursing your WELL AP before the exam gets more difficult.